Southern First Reports Results for Second Quarter 2021
Greenville, South Carolina, July 27, 2021 – Southern First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: SFST), holding company for Southern First Bank, today announced its financial results for the three- and six- month periods ended June 30, 2021.
“We are incredibly excited about our performance in the second quarter of 2021,” stated Art Seaver, the company’s Chief Executive Officer. “Highlights from this quarter include solid earnings, significant growth in loans and deposits, and exciting recruiting success as we added talented new bankers in every market we serve."
2021 Second Quarter Highlights
- Net income improved to $10.3 million, a 120.7% increase over Q2 2020
- Diluted earnings per common share improved to $1.29 per share, a 115.0% increase over Q2 2020
- Total loans increased 10.7% to $2.3 billion at Q2 2021, compared to $2.0 billion at Q2 2020
- Total deposits increased 5.6% to $2.3 billion at Q2 2021, compared to $2.2 billion at Q2 2020
- Net interest margin improved to 3.50%, compared to 3.42% for Q2 2020
For more information, and to read the press release in its entirety, please visit our Investor Relations page.